Steps to take following a Car Accident in Ontario
Car accidents can be inconvenient at best and devastating at worst. If you have suffered personal injuries as a result of the crash, you may need to consult a personal injury lawyer at some later date. In many cases, this may not be obvious to you at the accident scene. In fact, you may not even be aware of some of your injuries due to the stress and emotional impact of the accident.
Whether your accident is a straightforward fender bender or a more serious accident, there are some important steps you can take in the immediate aftermath of the accident which may assist your case should you need to consult with a personal injury lawyer at some later date:
- Report the accident to the Police
- Obtain the other driver’s insurance information
- Record details of the Accident
- Obtain any witness names and contact information
- Report the accident to your own Insurance Company
- Do not give a statement to the other driver or the other driver’s insurance company until you have consulted with a personal injury lawyer
- Do not share the details of the car accident on social media platforms such as Facebook or Twitter.
If you have been involved in a car accident and are struggling with some basic daily tasks, there is a good chance you are entitled to receive Accident Benefits and may be entitled to recover other damages from the at-fault party.
Our team of experienced personal injury lawyers have the expertise to ensure you are accessing all the benefits available to you and would be pleased to sit down with you for a free initial consultation. Contact us toll free at 1-800-563-6348.