Safe Summer Driving Practices
During the warm summer months, family road trips and long drives to the cottage are a regular occurrence. With that in mind, it’s important to prioritize awareness and safety on the roads.
Here are a few safety tips from the Canada Safety Council to help ensure that your next family road trip is a safe one:
- Before leaving, ensure all parts of your vehicle are working properly
- Make sure every person in your vehicle is wearing a seatbelt
- Stay within the maximum speed limit posted on signs along your route
- Remain alert while driving and take breaks regularly
- Make sure your vehicle is properly equipped to carry a heavy load or tow a trailer
- Share the road with cyclists, motorcycles and pedestrians
Contact an Ontario Personal Injury Lawyer
Despite taking all the above precautions, car accidents are sadly unavoidable at times. Whether it’s a straightforward fender bender or a more serious accident, contacting a personal injury lawyer is always important if you have suffered personal injuries as a result of the crash.
If you’ve been injured in a car accident, contact us online for a free legal consultation or by phone at 1-800-563-6348 to speak directly with one of our lawyers.